Auburn finishes season at No. 20 in AP poll

J'Von McCormick (5) during the Auburn Men's Basketball vs. Tennessee game on Saturday, Feb. 22, in Auburn, Ala.

Even without the opportunity for postseason success, Auburn and Bruce Pearl continued to make history.

Auburn finishes the season ranked at No. 20 in the last AP Poll of the season. The 2019-20 team is just the second in program history to finish the entire season ranked in the AP Poll from start to finish. 

The Tigers join the 1958-59 team as the only two teams in program history to be ranked for the entire season. The 1958-59 team was ranked for all 14 weeks and finished the season at 20-2 with a 12-2 record in SEC play. 

This year's team, starting with the preseason poll on Oct. 21 until the final AP Poll on March 18, spent 20 weeks ranked. After starting the season off at No. 24, the Tigers climbed as high as No. 4 and now finish at No. 20. 

The Tigers finish with a record of 25-6 overall and 12-6 in SEC play. And, they finish the season as one of only two SEC schools to be ranked in the final AP Poll along with No. 8 Kentucky.

Share and discuss “Auburn finishes season at No. 20 in AP poll” on social media.