Auburn guard Lauren Hansen enters transfer portal

<p>Lauren Hansen (13) celebrates making a 3-pointer in Auburn Women's Basketball vs. Mississippi State on Feb. 20, 2020 in Auburn, AL</p>

Lauren Hansen (13) celebrates making a 3-pointer in Auburn Women's Basketball vs. Mississippi State on Feb. 20, 2020 in Auburn, AL

After just one season, freshman point guard Lauren Hansen has entered the transfer portal.

“Thank you to the Auburn family for giving me the opportunity to be apart of Auburn University academically and athletically,” Hansen tweeted Wednesday. “I’m extremely grateful for all of the relationships that I have made here. I will hold Auburn close to my heart forever.

“However, with much thought I have decided its in my best interest to enter the transfer portal.”

The freshman averaged 7.9 points per game during the Tigers' 11-18 season.

Hansen missed the first game of the season against Wofford, but she began to work into the rotation against Old Dominion.

Just a few games into her collegiate career she posted a career-high 18 points on 6-of-10 shooting against St. Joseph’s. 

She followed that up a few games later with a 24 point performance in a losing effort against Drake at the Gulf Coast Showcase.

While the lineup changed throughout the season, Hansen was a mainstay in the rotation as a starter and bench player. 

With senior Daisa Alexander graduating, it was thought Hansen would play a larger role her sophomore season, but that responsibility now falls to Robyn Benton, Morgan Robinson-Nwagwu, Brooke Moore and Annie Hughes in the backcourt.

Share and discuss “Auburn guard Lauren Hansen enters transfer portal” on social media.