Even if they can't come into work, all Auburn University employees — including student employees — will be paid during the campus closure caused by the spread of coronavirus, according to an email from Auburn University Human Resources.
The email stated that Jay Gogue asked all employees to be paid "at their regular rate of pay through the spring term, even if they are unable to perform their normal job responsibilities."
Here's how different types of Auburn University employees will be paid according to the email:
- Temporary employment services employees and student employees will be paid the average of their worked hours from Jan. 5 to Feb. 29.
- Administrative, professional and faculty employees will be paid 40 hours per week.
- Part-time administrative, professional and faculty employees will be paid based on their full time equivalent.
- Full-time staff employees will be paid 40 hours per week, plus any overtime.
- Part-time staff employees will be paid the average of what they worked from Jan. 5 to Feb. 29.
Auburn University HR stated that "this guidance may change as we consider the University’s response to this pandemic."
Click here to see The Plainsman's full coverage of COVID-19 in the Auburn-Opelika area.
Sign up for our newsletter
Get The Plainsman straight to your inbox.
Do you like this story? The Plainsman doesn't accept money from tuition or student fees, and we don't charge a subscription fee. But you can donate to support The Plainsman.Support The Plainsman