Auburn adds Romi Levy from Israel to 2020 WBB roster

Coach Terri Williams-Flournoy during Auburn Women's Basketball vs. Mississippi State on Monday, Jan. 14, 2019, in Auburn, Ala.

Auburn women’s basketball has added a third signee to its 2020 recruiting class. This time it’s Romi Levy, coming all the way from Israel.

Levy is the first player in Auburn women’s basketball history to be from Israel.

Head coach Terri Williams-Flournoy announced the signing on Monday.

"Romi is a passionate competitor who is coming to the States to play with and against the best," Williams-Flournoy said in a statement. "Romi is able to not only bring experience from the international level, but also an exceptional IQ for the game. Her sharp-shooting and pure scoring capabilities make her a true perimeter threat. Romi's length and court vision combined with her versatility in multiple positions make her a great addition to the program."

Levy competed in the 2018 U18 Women’s European Championship as a part of the Israel team, helping lead her team to a bronze medal. She scored 14 points in a win over Lithuania and 13 points and four assists in a win over Albania.

She has also played on the Eliztur Macleran Holon and Bnet Hertzelia club teams.

Listed at 6-foot-2, Levy will help Unique Thompson and Kiyae’ White in the froncourt next season.

"The basketball program in Auburn is exactly what I was looking for," Levy said. "I know that Auburn will be the best place for me to get better and better every day. Also, the most important thing for me is to be around good and positive people. That's what I felt from the first conversation I had with the coaches."

Levy joins fellow 2020 signees Alycia Reese and Keya Patton as the 10th player on the roster.

Share and discuss “Auburn adds Romi Levy from Israel to 2020 WBB roster” on social media.