Auburn signee Sharife Cooper named Sports Illustrated All-American

<p>5-star Auburn signee Sharife Cooper (right) watches the court during Tipoff at Toomer's, on Thursday, Oct. 17, 2019, in Auburn, Ala.</p>

5-star Auburn signee Sharife Cooper (right) watches the court during Tipoff at Toomer's, on Thursday, Oct. 17, 2019, in Auburn, Ala.

Auburn signee Sharife Cooper continues to rack up awards and achievements for his time at McEachern High School.

On Friday, Cooper was named to the Sports Illustrated All-America first team. 

Cooper was the Georgia Gatorade Player of the Year and MaxPreps Basketball Player of the Year during his junior season. Cooper was also recently named as a third team Naismith All-American by the Atlanta Tipoff Club.

Along with that, Cooper is just the third Auburn signee to ever be named a McDonald’s All-American.

During his junior season he led McEachern to an undefeated season, following that up by leading McEachern to the state Final Four. 

“It’s an honor to be named to the Sports Illustrated All-American Team,” Cooper said in a statement to Sports Illustrated. “Just to know that I’m being recognized as one of the top players in the country for something I love so much is a great feeling. To be recognized by a place like SI is big. It’s just more motivation to keep working.”

Cooper averaged 30.6 points, 7.8 assists and 3.6 steals a game during his senior season.

The signee is the highest rated recruit to ever come to Auburn, but that title may not be his for much longer. Auburn still remains in the mix for Jalen Green (the No. 3 player according to 247Sports) and Greg Brown (the No. 10 player according to 247Sports) who were both named to the Sports Illustrated All-America first team.

Share and discuss “Auburn signee Sharife Cooper named Sports Illustrated All-American ” on social media.