Auburn softball lands Ole Miss transfer Kaylee Horton

<p>Kaylee Horton (1) via Ole Miss Athletics.</p>

Kaylee Horton (1) via Ole Miss Athletics.

Kaylee Horton is returning to her home state for her senior season and transferring from Ole Miss to Auburn, she announced Wednesday via Twitter.

The Jasper, Alabama, native played all 61 games as a junior for the Rebels in 2019. A utility player, Horton has experience starting in both the infield and the outfield. Her .974 fielding percentage in right field during her junior season for Ole Miss helped earn her a spot on the 2019 SEC All-Defensive Team.

Offensively, Horton is a threat on the base paths. Her 23 stolen bases last season were fourth-most in the SEC, on 29 attempts. She finished her junior season with a .289 batting average, a .364 slugging percentage and tied for second best in the SEC with five triples.

One of the triples was a bases-clearing triple against Chattanooga in the Oxford Regional of the NCAA Tournament. She also knocked in the winning run against Louisiana in the Oxford Regional, sending Ole Miss to its second Super Regional appearance in school history. She led the team with eight RBIs during the regional.

Horton “can’t wait to play back in her home state” according to her Twitter, and will be the sixth rising senior on Auburn’s roster.

Share and discuss “Auburn softball lands Ole Miss transfer Kaylee Horton” on social media.