Auburn women's basketball adds two JUCO players

<p>Coach Terri Williams-Flournoy calls a play during Auburn Women's Basketball vs. Tennessee on Thursday, Jan. 3, 2019, in Auburn, Ala.</p>

Coach Terri Williams-Flournoy calls a play during Auburn Women's Basketball vs. Tennessee on Thursday, Jan. 3, 2019, in Auburn, Ala.

After seeing Daisa Alexander graduate and Lauren Hansen, Erin Howard, Robyn Benton, Brooke Moore, Abby Jackson, Maliya Perry and Natalie Kelly all transfer, Auburn women’s basketball has added two JUCO players to its roster.

On Thursday head coach Terri Williams-Flournoy officially announced the signings of guards Keya Patton and Alycia Reese.

Both players are immediately eligible with two years of eligibility remaining.

Patton spent two years at Wabash Valley College, leading it to a 30-2 record en route to being named a first team NJCAA All-American. Patton scored over 1,000 points in her two-year WVC career. 

Patton currently holds the school record for single-game scoring, dropping 46 points against Olney Central College on Nov. 20.

“Keya is a do-it-all-guard,” Williams-Flournoy said in a statement. “She has a motor and loves to compete. She rebounds exceptionally well for her size and can flat-out defend. Keya is a great passer, a strong ball handler, and a great shooter off the dribble. She shot 54% from the field and 37% from behind the arc on nearly 16 shot attempts per game. Her efficiency as such a high-volume scorer really stands out. Her impact will be felt immediately."

Reese comes from Chattahoochee Valley Community College where she led the team in scoring last season, averaging 12.8 points per game. 

While Patton is an extreme offensive presence, Reese is exactly the type of defensive-minded player Williams-Flournoy is looking for.

“Alycia fits the profile of our long, lanky and athletic guards that we had playing the top of our press some years ago,” Williams-Flournoy said. “That's a void that must be filled so we can play our style of basketball. She plays extremely hard and is passionate about winning.  Alycia is a very good shooter and will help us on both ends of the floor."

With the two additions, Auburn is now up to nine total players on the roster.

Share and discuss “Auburn women's basketball adds two JUCO players” on social media.