Derrick Brown drafted 7th overall by the Carolina Panthers

<p>Derrick Brown (5) runs onto the field following Auburn Football's defeat of Alabama, on Saturday, Nov. 30, 2019, in Auburn, Ala.</p>

Derrick Brown (5) runs onto the field following Auburn Football's defeat of Alabama, on Saturday, Nov. 30, 2019, in Auburn, Ala.

Following a standout senior season, Derrick Brown is headed to Carolina after being selected seventh overall in the first round of the NFL Draft. 

Brown is the first Auburn player to be selected in the first round since 2014 when Greg Robinson was taken second overall and Dee Ford was taken 23rd overall.

After his junior season, Brown was considered a fringe first round prospect, but instead opted to return for his senior season.

Brown's stock continued to rise, recording 55 tackles, 12.5 of them for loss, four sacks and two forced fumbles in 2019. This earned Brown the LOTT Impact Trophy, first team AP All-American and first team All-SEC honors along with being a finalist for the Chuck Bednarik and Outland Trophy. Brown was named the SEC Defensive Lineman of the Week three times over the course of the season.

Brown's extreme amount of raw strength allows him to be disruptive stopping the run, consistently drawing double and triple teams. He also is uniquely agile for being 326 pounds.

The Georgia native is the first defensive tackle off the board in the 2020 draft. 

Brown is the second-highest rated recruit to ever commit and play for Auburn, behind only Byron Cowart.

Carolina will need Brown to make an immediate impact with just three defensive tackles on the roster.

Share and discuss “Derrick Brown drafted 7th overall by the Carolina Panthers” on social media.