Auburn softball set to return five seniors for 2021 season

Auburn during the Auburn Softball vs. Alabama State on Saturday, Feb. 15, 2020, in Auburn, Ala.

After the NCAA Division 1 Council decided to extend all spring student-athletes eligibility on March 30, it has been a waiting game to see what Auburn’s spring senior athletes were going to do.

Auburn softball’s 2020 senior class is taking full advantage of the NCAA’s decision to extend eligibility for spring athletes with five of its six seniors set to return in 2021. 

Alyssa Rivera: 

Justus Perry: 

Tannon Snow: 

Brittany Maresette: 

Rachel Cook: 

While Ashlee Swindle is Auburn’s lone senior to not return for the 2021 season, she wrote the following message to the Auburn Family: 

Dear Auburn Family, 

It has been a blessing to be able to be a part of your family and play the game that I love. These past four years have helped mold me into the person that I am today. I am thankful for all the coaches, staff members, and professors that have helped me become successful. Auburn has also allowed me to develop friendships that will last a lifetime. With that being said, it was a tough decision to decide to move forward and accept a job from Alabama Power Company. I will implement the tools that Auburn has taught me to continue to be successful in life. War Eagle Always! 

- Ashlee Swindle

Jake Weese | Sports Editor

Jake Weese, senior in journalism with a minor in history, is The Plainsman's sports editor.

@TheJakeWeese

Sports@theplainsman.com 

Share and discuss “Auburn softball set to return five seniors for 2021 season” on social media.