Auburn University to 'reopen' in fall, says President Jay Gogue

<p>Auburn University President Jay Gogue speaks during&nbsp;a reception celebrating his legacy&nbsp;on Tuesday, May 23, 2017 in Auburn, Ala.&nbsp;</p>

Auburn University President Jay Gogue speaks during a reception celebrating his legacy on Tuesday, May 23, 2017 in Auburn, Ala. 

Auburn University President Jay Gogue said that campus operations will resume in the fall, in a May 6 admissions greeting video to incoming freshmen.

"We at Auburn realize that right now, you probably are thinking about your future," Gogue said, addressing student concerns. "You're thinking about what other plans will be disrupted."

Gogue went on to state that classes will open for face-to-face instruction as planned, and student involvement and Greek life events will occur.

"We're going to have all of the activities that we have every fall," he said. "The only thing that will be different is that you will be with us this fall, and we're looking forward to having you."

Freshman convocation, student organization activities and Pizza and Popsicles with the President will be held, Gogue said. He also shared that Auburn "will have football this fall," but did not note any changes.

"When you first thought about Auburn and when we first visited you, we told you that Auburn is more than a four-year commitment to your educational process," Gogue said to incoming freshmen. "We told you that when you leave here, you would have a lifelong commitment to the Auburn way."

Gogue said he hopes the Auburn way has prepared spring 2020 graduates to "deal with and address life's uncertainties," in light of graduation being canceled.

"We eagerly await your arrival on campus," Gogue told students via the video. "You're Auburn's future, but more importantly, you are the future."

Tim Nail | Campus Editor

Tim Nail, junior in journalism, is the campus editor for The Auburn Plainsman.

@timmnail

timnail@auburn.edu

Share and discuss “Auburn University to 'reopen' in fall, says President Jay Gogue” on social media.