Bo Nix named to the Manning Award watch list

Bo Nix (10) passes the ball during Auburn Football vs. Minnesota on Jan. 1, 2020, in Tampa, Fla.

Bo Nix has a chance at another prestigious award. The rising sophomore was named to the Manning Award watch list on Friday.

This comes just a few weeks after being named to the Davey O'Brien Award watch list for best quarterback and Maxwell Award watch list for best player.

The Manning Award, started in 2004, is given annually to the nation’s best college quarterback as determined by the Sugar Bowl Committee. It is currently the only quarterback award that takes post-season performance into account during the voting process. It is named after the Mannings, father Archie and brothers Peyton and Eli, who are on the voting panel alongside members of the national media.

In 2010, Cam Newton won the Manning Award after leading Auburn to a BCS National Championship win. Since then Auburn has seen three other quarterbacks named to the preseason watch list, Nick Marshall in 2014, Jarrett Stidham in 2018, and now Bo Nix in 2020. Stidham was also a finalist for the award in 2017, having been added to the list halfway through the season due to his performance on the field.

Nix made the list after a freshman season that saw him throw for 2,542 yards, rush for 313 yards and score a combined 23 touchdowns, earning him SEC Freshman of the Year.

Share and discuss “Bo Nix named to the Manning Award watch list” on social media.