Seth Williams named to Biletnikoff Award watch list

Seth Williams (18) during the Auburn vs. Georgia game on Saturday, Nov. 16, 2019, in Auburn, Ala.

Auburn's Seth Williams, who many believe could be Auburn's next 1,000-yard receiver, has been named to the preseason watch list for the Biletnikoff Award.  

The award is given annually to college football's most outstanding receiver. 

Since arriving at Auburn, Williams has made an immediate impact. In his freshman year, he finished with 26 receptions for 534 yards and five receiving touchdowns.

While his sophomore season saw Williams and quarterback Bo Nix establish a reliable connection. The season opener saw Nix and Williams link up for the game-winning touchdown in Auburn's 27-21 win over Oregon. 

Williams finished the season with 59 receptions for 830 yards and eight touchdowns.

The award is based on performance during the season, and receivers are added and removed from the award watch list as the season progresses.

Auburn has never had a receiver win the Biletnikoff Award since the award's founding in 1994. The Biletnikoff Award is named after Fred Biletnikoff, a former receiver who played for Florida State and then with the Oakland Raiders. 

Jake Weese | Sports Editor

Jake Weese, senior in journalism with a minor in history, is The Plainsman's sports editor.

@TheJakeWeese

Sports@theplainsman.comĀ 

Share and discuss “Seth Williams named to Biletnikoff Award watch list ” on social media.