Report: Auburn football's Saturday scrimmage canceled along with other practices this week

Coach Gus Malzahn
Auburn football first practice in helmets on Monday, Aug. 17, 2020 in Auburn, Ala. 
Todd Van Emst/AU Athletics
Coach Gus Malzahn Auburn football first practice in helmets on Monday, Aug. 17, 2020 in Auburn, Ala. Todd Van Emst/AU Athletics

After starting fall camp last week, it seems like the Tigers have hit a snag when it comes to preparing for the upcoming football season.

A team spokesperson told The Plainsman on Saturday that Auburn's second scrimmage of the fall scheduled for Saturday had been canceled. The reason for the scrimmage cancellation is unknown.

According to Phillip Marshall of 247Sports, this was not the first practice to be canceled this week. 

According to the report, a source told 247Sports that the team practiced Tuesday, but did not practice on Wednesday or Thursday due to an unknown number of players testing positive for COVID-19.

Gus Malzahn has been providing weekly COVID-19 updates on his team, and last week, Malzahn said that the Tigers had two straight weeks of no players or coaches testing positive for COVID-19. 

Malzahn has not provided any updates for this week, but Malzahn is expected to meet with local news outlets on Sunday at 8 p.m. CST.

Jake Weese | Sports Editor

Jake Weese, senior in journalism with a minor in history, is The Plainsman's sports editor.

@TheJakeWeese

Sports@theplainsman.comĀ 

Share and discuss “Report: Auburn football's Saturday scrimmage canceled along with other practices this week” on social media.