Bigsby, Hall earn SEC Player of the Week honors

<p>Tank Bigsby (4) starts to run during the game between Auburn and Mississippi State at Davis Wade Stadium on Dec 12, 2020; Starkville, Mississippi, USA. Photo via: Todd Van Emst/AU Athletics</p>

Tank Bigsby (4) starts to run during the game between Auburn and Mississippi State at Davis Wade Stadium on Dec 12, 2020; Starkville, Mississippi, USA. Photo via: Todd Van Emst/AU Athletics

Following Auburn's 24-10 win over Mississippi State on Saturday, Tank Bigsby and Derick Hall have earned SEC Player of the Week honors, the SEC announced Monday. 

Hall was named SEC Defensive Lineman of the Week following his season-high two-sack performance against Mississippi State. The award is the sophomore's second of the season as Hall was named Defensive Lineman of the Week for his performance against LSU. 

Bigsby was named SEC Freshman of the Week after rushing for a season-high 192 yards on 26 carries, his fourth 100-yard rushing game of the season. Like Hall, the award is Bigsby's second of the season as he was named SEC Freshman of the Week following his performance against Ole Miss.

This season saw multiple Auburn players receive SEC Player of the Week honors. 

Jaylin Simpson took home SEC Freshman of the Week after the Kentucky game, Seth Williams was named SEC co-Offensive Player of the Week following the Ole Miss game, Smoke Monday earned SEC Defensive Player of the Week after the Tennessee game and Nick Brahms earned SEC Offensive Lineman of the Week after Tennessee.

Jake Weese | Sports Editor

Jake Weese, senior in journalism with a minor in history, is The Plainsman's sports editor.

@TheJakeWeese

Sports@theplainsman.comĀ 

Share and discuss “Bigsby, Hall earn SEC Player of the Week honors” on social media.