Seth Williams declaring for NFL Draft

<p>Seth Williams (18) scores a touchdown during Auburn vs. Mississippi State, on Saturday, Sept. 28, 2019, in Auburn, Ala.</p>

Seth Williams (18) scores a touchdown during Auburn vs. Mississippi State, on Saturday, Sept. 28, 2019, in Auburn, Ala.

The highlight-reel catches from Seth Williams might soon be made on Sundays as Williams declared for the 2021 NFL Draft on Monday. Williams announced the decision on his Instagram.

Williams will forgo his senior season and join fellow wide receiver Anthony Schwartz in declaring for the 2021 NFL Draft. Schwartz announced on Saturday that he was forgoing his senior season to declare for the NFL Draft.

Williams leaves an extensive resume behind at Auburn. The wide receiver is fourth all-time in receiving yards at Auburn with 2,124 career receiving yards and is third all-time in touchdown receptions with 17 receiving touchdowns.

In his junior season, Williams finished with 47 receptions for 760 yards and four receiving touchdowns. He was second on the team in receptions but led the Tigers in receiving yards and receiving touchdowns.

As a sophomore, Williams finished with a career-high in receptions, receiving yards and receiving touchdowns. He finished with 59 receptions for 830 receiving yards and caught eight touchdown passes.

Freshman quarterback Bo Nix had a strong connection with the sophomore from the first game as the pair linked up for the game-winning touchdown against Oregon. 

In two seasons together, Nix-to-Williams finished with 105 receptions becoming the third most prolific pass-catching duo at Auburn behind Pat Sullivan-to-Terry Beasley and Jarrett Stidham-to-Ryan Davis.   

During his freshman season, Williams started in nine games but played in all 13 games for the Tigers. Even with just nine starts, Williams had 26 receptions for 534 yards and five receiving touchdowns.

Jake Weese | Sports Editor

Jake Weese, senior in journalism with a minor in history, is The Plainsman's sports editor.

@TheJakeWeese

Sports@theplainsman.comĀ 

Share and discuss “Seth Williams declaring for NFL Draft” on social media.