Steele's future with the Tigers 'not been addressed'

<p>Coach Kevin Steele walking into the stadium before the game between Auburn vs. Northwestern at Orlando on Jan 1, 2021; Orlando FL, USA. Photo via: Todd Van Emst/AU Athletics</p>

Coach Kevin Steele walking into the stadium before the game between Auburn vs. Northwestern at Orlando on Jan 1, 2021; Orlando FL, USA. Photo via: Todd Van Emst/AU Athletics

Auburn’s 2020 season concluded on New Year’s Day with a 35-19 loss to Northwestern in the Citrus Bowl. 

Now Auburn head coach Bryan Harsin takes over and can start making decisions about his coaching staff. Auburn’s interim head coach for the Citrus Bowl was defensive coordinator Kevin Steele. 

Steele has served as the defensive coordinator at Auburn since 2016 and has helped transform the Auburn defense during his time on staff. In January of 2020, Steele signed an extension to keep him on the Plains through the 2022 season. 

With a new head coach, it is up in the air if Steele will be back with the Tigers in 2021. According to Steele, he has not heard anything from Harsin yet.  

“That’s not been addressed,” Steele said. “That will be something that Coach Harsin and the administration will have their decisions and off that we’ll have our decisions.”

Jake Weese | Sports Editor

Jake Weese, senior in journalism with a minor in history, is The Plainsman's sports editor.

@TheJakeWeese

Sports@theplainsman.com 

Share and discuss “Steele's future with the Tigers 'not been addressed'” on social media.