Chicken Salad Chick moves headquarters to Atlanta

Chicken Salad Chick outside Foy Hall.
Chicken Salad Chick outside Foy Hall.

On Feb. 10, Chicken Salad Chick announced its plan to move its headquarters from Auburn to Atlanta. The move is scheduled to take place during the first quarter of 2021.

The new headquarters will be located across the street from its restaurant in Vinings, Georgia. 17 current Auburn employees will transfer to the new location. 20 more positions will be filled with new hires in the Atlanta area.

“Atlanta has always fostered a nurturing business environment for companies to kickstart their growth,” said Chicken Salad Chick President and CEO Scott Deviney. “This relocation positions Chicken Salad Chick to scale at an accelerated rate and meet aggressive growth goals, while allowing us to broaden our vision for the future.”

Proximity to the Atlanta airport will allow the chain to supply potential franchises and buy from more vendors, Deviney said.

Georgia is home to 32 Chicken Salad Chick locations, more than any other state. There are currently locations in 17 states.

Chicken Salad Chick was founded in 2008 in Auburn by Stacy Brown and her late husband Kevin Brown. Despite the ongoing pandemic, they were able to open 37 new stores in 2020 and 40 openings are estimated for 2021. The company’s goal is to expand into four more states in the next two years and have 500 locations by 2025.

Charlie Ramo | Content Editor

Charlie Ramo, junior in aerospace engineering, is the content editor of The Auburn Plainsman.

@byCharlieRamo

Share and discuss “Chicken Salad Chick moves headquarters to Atlanta” on social media.