Auburn Stages kicks off with Decoy Snail

<p>Members of the band Decoy Snail perform in the first Auburn Stages event on March 4, 2021, in Auburn, Ala.</p>

Members of the band Decoy Snail perform in the first Auburn Stages event on March 4, 2021, in Auburn, Ala.

Students threw frisbees and footballs while WEGL 91.1 FM set up for its installment of Auburn Stages on the campus green space. Decoy Snail, a rock band, performed a variety of songs including covers as well as their own original songs.

Auburn Stages is a small-scale concert series featuring local and student musicians presented by the Environmental Design Program, the Auburn University College of Architecture, Design and Construction and WEGL.

Each week a new music group will be featured on the Green Space outside the Harold D. Melton Student Center from 5-7 p.m.

The concert opened with minor technology issues, and students in attendance stayed socially distanced across the lawn. The performance was also livestreamed on WEGL’s Instagram page. 

Decoy Snail ended the set with a song from "Summer Rain," their newest extended play. Their music can be found on multiple music streaming platforms including Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music and YouTube. 

Next week, Auburn Stages will continue its mini-concert series with Groove Deli on March 11 from 5-7 p.m.

Share and discuss “Auburn Stages kicks off with Decoy Snail” on social media.