Auburn to host No. 18 Boston College, not Xavier this weekend

Feb 23, 2021; Auburn, AL, USA; Auburn Tigers outfielder Judd Ward (1) rounds third base on his way to home to score a run during the game between Auburn and Alabama A&M at Plainsman Park. Mandatory Credit: Shanna Lockwood/AU Athletics

The No. 18 ranked Boston College Eagles will travel to the Plains for an out-of-conference three-game series against Auburn with games on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, Auburn baseball announced on Wednesday. 

The No. 22 ranked Tigers were originally scheduled to play Xavier in the three-game series but the games were cancelled after extenuating circumstances regarding contact tracing within other programs. 

Boston College is coming off of a 2-3 series win over No. 11 Duke to improve to 5-1 on the season, while the Tigers are coming off of a 6-1 win over Texas A&M after losing their matchups against Baylor and Oklahoma in the Round Rock Classic.

The games are scheduled for Friday at 4 p.m. CST, Saturday at 2 p.m. and Sunday at 1 p.m. Sunday’s matchup will be broadcast on SECN+.

Tickets purchased for Friday, Saturday and Sunday’s games against Xavier will be good to use for the same days.

Larry Robinson | Photo Editor

Larry is a senior studying journalism with a minor in sociology. He is from Enterprise, Alabama and is in his third year with The Auburn Plainsman. 

Twitter: @ReportingLarry

Share and discuss “Auburn to host No. 18 Boston College, not Xavier this weekend” on social media.