Unique Thompson and Romi Levy earn All-SEC Honors

Jan 28, 2021; Auburn, AL, USA; Auburn Tigers forward Unique Thompson (20) reacts after making a shot during the game between Auburn and Texas A&M at Auburn Arena. Mandatory Credit: Shanna Lockwood/AU Athletics

On Tuesday, the SEC announced its postseason honors as senior forward Unique Thompson was named to the All-SEC Second Team, and Romi Levy earned a spot on the All-Freshman Team.

Thompson has been no stranger to recognition over the past few years. After her junior season, she earned All-SEC First Team honors and was an honorable mention on the AP All-American Team. 

This season, she’s maintained her high output. 

She leads the SEC in rebounds and is fourth in steals. Thompson became Auburn’s all-time rebound leader against Mississippi State on Feb. 23. Out of her four seasons, she’s earned SEC honors in three of them, first earning an All-Freshman spot in 2018.

Levy, who hails from Herzliya, Israel, earned a starting spot after the first few games of the season. As a freshman, she averaged 5.6 points and 4 rebounds per game while averaging 22 minutes. Her season-high of 13 points came against Ole Miss, and she had two games with double-digit rebounds.

The Tigers will face off against Florida on Wednesday to kick off the SEC Tournament in Greenville, South Carolina. Tipoff at 3 p.m. CST and will air on the SEC Network. 

Dylan Fox | Sports Writer

Dylan Fox, Junior in Civil Site Design Engineering, joined The Plainsman as a sports writer in Spring 2020. From Geneva, IL.

@DylanBFox

dbf0012@auburn.edu

Share and discuss “Unique Thompson and Romi Levy earn All-SEC Honors” on social media.