Plainsman Choice 2021 | Best Ice Cream: Toomer's Drugs

<p>Local downtown businesses weigh in on Tipoff at Toomer's event and plans for the future.</p>

Local downtown businesses weigh in on Tipoff at Toomer's event and plans for the future.

Toomer’s Drugs has been an enduring staple in Auburn, and a popular spot to both locals and visitors. The location first opened in 1896, owned by Sheldon Toomer, and has been one of the most well-known spots in Auburn ever since. 

While Toomer’s is best known for their lemonade and old fashioned soda counter, they also serve some of the most delicious ice cream in Auburn, making this year’s Plainsman’s 2021 Choice for Best Ice Cream in Auburn.

Toomer’s offers a variety of ice cream in store, ranging from floats, banana splits, ice cream sandwiches and so much more. Some of their most popular flavors include moose tracks and turtle, offering a well-rounded selection of flavors to suit every craving. Additionally, you can add toppings such as hot fudge, strawberries, pineapple, brownie and cherries to any ice cream topping it to perfection. 

Toomer’s is located on the corner of downtown Auburn, making it the perfect place to stop for a treat after an Auburn football, baseball or even basketball game. No matter the season, Toomer’s is sure to be offering incredible ice cream to add something deliciously special to your Auburn experience. 

So, next time you venture out for ice cream, be sure to stop by Toomer’s Drugs for a dessert experience you are not soon to forget.

Kara Mautz | Culture Writer

Kara Mautz, senior in human development and family studies with a minor in journalism, is a culture writer at The Auburn Plainsman.

Share and discuss “Plainsman Choice 2021 | Best Ice Cream: Toomer's Drugs” on social media.