Auburn has 4 selected in 2021 MLB Draft

<p>Richard Fitts (Top left) photo via Shelby Bircheat / Plainsman Photographer. Ryan Bliss (Top right) photo via Shanna Lockwood/Auburn Athletics. Steven Williams (Bottom left) photo via Jacob Taylor/Auburn Athletics. Tyler Miller (Bottom right) photo via Jacob Taylor/Auburn Athletics. &nbsp;</p>

Richard Fitts (Top left) photo via Shelby Bircheat / Plainsman Photographer. Ryan Bliss (Top right) photo via Shanna Lockwood/Auburn Athletics. Steven Williams (Bottom left) photo via Jacob Taylor/Auburn Athletics. Tyler Miller (Bottom right) photo via Jacob Taylor/Auburn Athletics.  

Ryan Bliss (Round 2, Pick 42, Arizona Diamondbacks)

Ryan Bliss didn’t have to wait long to hear his name called as he was selected in the second round by the Arizona Diamondbacks.

During his three years at Auburn, the Georgia native started in 134-of-136 games for the Tigers. As a freshman in 2019, he was the only player to start in all 66 games.

The shortstop finished his time at Auburn with a .328 batting average, 20 home runs, 99 RBIs and 176 hits. 

Bliss leaves Auburn with numerous honors as he was named to the SEC All-Freshman Team in 2019 and was named to both the SEC All-Defensive Team and Second Team All-SEC in 2021. 

Along with his SEC honors, Bliss is one of four Tigers to be named a two-time All-American joining Gregg Olson, Casey Mize and Tanner Burns.

Richard Fitts (Round 6, Pick 183, New York Yankees)

Richard Fitts was the next Tiger taken off the board as he was selected in the sixth round by the New York Yankees. 

In his three seasons for the Tigers, Fitts made 40 pitching appearances and finished with a 7-6 record in 14 starts. In 2021, he made a career-high eight starts on the season. 

Fitts pitched 117 innings with a 5.23 ERA and 104 strikeouts over his three seasons at Auburn.

Tyler Miller (Round 9, Pick 256, Boston Red Sox) 

Tyler Miller’s baseball career will continue with the Red Sox after being taken in the ninth round.

After spending his freshman season at East Mississippi Community College, Miller spent the next two with the Tigers, where he made 60-of-63 starts. In his two seasons on The Plains, Miller finished with a .300 batting average, 73 hits, 63 RBIs and 16 home runs.

Steven Williams (Round 18, Pick 553, Washington Nationals)

Steven Williams was the final Tiger taken off the board as the Washington Nationals selected him in the 18th round. 

In four seasons with the Tigers, Williams finished with a .264 batting average, 183 hits, 36 home runs and 135 RBIs. He started in 187-of-191 games while at Auburn.  

The Albany, Georgia, native is most well-known for his walk-off three-run home run against Georgia Tech in the Atlanta Regional during the 2019 season. Following his performance in the Atlanta Regional, Williams was named the Atlanta Regional MVP. 

Jake Weese | Sports Editor

Jake Weese, senior in journalism with a minor in history, is The Plainsman's sports editor.

@TheJakeWeese

Sports@theplainsman.com 

Share and discuss “Auburn has 4 selected in 2021 MLB Draft” on social media.