Another one: Auburn picks up Georgia transfer WR Demetris Robertson

<p>Georgia wide receiver Demetris Robertson (16) during the Bulldogs' game with Florida in Jacksonville, Fla., on Saturday, Nov. 7, 2020. (Photo by Alex de la Osa)</p>

Georgia wide receiver Demetris Robertson (16) during the Bulldogs' game with Florida in Jacksonville, Fla., on Saturday, Nov. 7, 2020. (Photo by Alex de la Osa)

Auburn's recruiting hot streak is continuing, picking up a transfer commitment from the once top-rated wide-receiver in the nation.

Wide receiver Demetris Robertson, former Georgia Bulldog, will be heading to The Plains for his sixth and final year of eligibility. Robertson announced his transfer from the University of Georgia on Twitter Thursday morning. 

“Thank you Georgia football from the bottom of my heart for everything,” Robertson said in the post. “From Coach Smart to Coach Hankton to my academic advisors and everyone I met along the way. Athens, thank you for everything. With that being said, I have decided to use my last year of eligibility at Auburn University! I can’t wait to get to work.”

Robertson was the top-rated wide receiver and No. 13 prospect overall coming out of Savannah Christian Preparatory School in 2016 according to 247Sports.

At UGA, Robertson amassed 443 receiving yards over 42 receptions and 161 rushing yards. Robertson transferred to Georgia in 2018 after spending his first year at the University of California. 

Auburn has also picked up high school commitments in the past few days, landing the nations’ top rated kicker Alex McPherson, TE Micah Riley-Ducker and safety Caleb Wooden.

Evan Mealins | Editor-in-chief

Evan Mealins, senior in philosophy and economics, is the editor-in-chief of The Auburn Plainsman.

@EvanMealins

ecm0060@auburn.edu

Share and discuss “Another one: Auburn picks up Georgia transfer WR Demetris Robertson” on social media.