New Tiger Cards ready for pickup

<p>The new Tiger Cards will replace both Ignited Cards and old Tiger Cards.</p>

The new Tiger Cards will replace both Ignited Cards and old Tiger Cards.

This year, Auburn University students will have the opportunity to receive new Tiger Cards. With this new card, the University hopes to provide its students with a more convenient way to navigate purchases and entries on campus. 

Purchases and entries will now be contactless, with new card readers installed across campus. To access a campus event — including athletic events — students will simply place the card within an inch of the center of the card reader. The new cards will also replace Ignited Cards. 

Students currently on campus this summer can visit the Tiger Card office, Room 261 in Foy Hall, to receive their new card. The office will be open Monday through Friday between 7:45 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. 

Incoming freshmen received their cards if they attended an in-person orientation. On-campus students returning in the fall will be able to pick up their card from the office on or 24 hours before their move-in date. Returning off-campus students can pick up their card the week prior to classes.

When picking up a new card, students must present one of the following:

1. Current driver’s license
  2. Current temporary driver’s license
  3. Passport
  4. Birth certificate (original or copy)
  5. Photo in the Auburn yearbook or other University publication identifying the individual
  6. In-person identification by an Auburn University employee showing his/her Auburn University Faculty/Staff ID Card
  7. Military ID

Only new incoming students are allowed to submit photos for their card; previous cardholders will receive a new card with an identical picture. Old Tiger Cards must be turned in in order to receive a new one at no charge, otherwise, you'll be charged $25 to your e-bill.

Currently, there is no deadline to retrieve your new Tiger Card, and payments and swipe access will still work with them. However, once new card readers are installed on doors around campus, old cards will no longer be read. 

Share and discuss “New Tiger Cards ready for pickup” on social media.