Auburn lands 2022 legacy guard Audia Young

Johnnie Harris the new Auburn Women's Basketball coach speaks to the media at her formal introduction ceremony on Monday, April 5, 2021, in Auburn, Ala.

Head coach Johnnie Harris' third commit in the class of 2022 comes from a family of Tigers.

Florida State University School guard Audia Young committed to the Tigers on Monday with a post to her Instagram. 

Young’s mother, Carolyn Jones-Young, played at Auburn from 1988-1991. During her time at Auburn, Carolyn helped lead the Tigers to two Final Four appearances, and her No. 21 jersey hangs in the rafters of Auburn Arena. 

Audia's father is Charlton Young who served as an administrative assistant with the Auburn men's basketball team from 1994-1996 and later as an assistant coach from 1996-97. He came back to The Plains in 2000 and served as an assistant coach from 2000-2004.

The Tallahassee native is listed at 5-foot-9 and averaged 10.6 points and 1.8 assists per game in her junior season, according to MaxPreps.

She is Auburn's third commit in the class of 2022, joining power forward Caroline Bachus and small forward Kaitlyn Duhon. 

Larry Robinson | Photo Editor

Larry is a senior studying journalism with a minor in sociology. He is from Enterprise, Alabama and is in his third year with The Auburn Plainsman. 

Twitter: @ReportingLarry

Share and discuss “Auburn lands 2022 legacy guard Audia Young” on social media.