Auburn soccer drops to No. 12 in latest poll

After a close-fought loss to the nation’s top team in Florida State, Auburn soccer has moved down to No. 12 in the United Soccer Coaches poll.

Going into the team’s matchup with No. 1 Florida State, Auburn was ranked No. 10 in the nation and undefeated, at 6-0-0, on the season. A Seminole goal just 29 seconds into the game gave the visitors the lead, followed by another Florida State goal with only a few minutes in the first half.

Auburn scored late in the second pushing the game to its final score of 2-1. The two goals allowed were the most allowed in a game by Auburn this season. 

Auburn’s Carly Thatcher, a freshman, earned SEC Freshman of the Week and Top Drawer Soccer Team of the Week honors following her hat trick against Alabama A&M and career-high in minutes against Florida State last week. 

Auburn (6-1-0) moves into SEC play on Friday, against visiting Georgia. The Tigers take on the Bulldogs at 6:30 CST on Sec Network-plus.

Henry Zimmer | Sports Reporter

Henry Zimmer is from Jacksonville, Florida, and is currently in his fifth year with The Plainsman. He is currently the Sports Reporter and can be followed on Twitter here: @henryzimmer

Share and discuss “Auburn soccer drops to No. 12 in latest poll” on social media.