UPDATE: Location change– outdoors at the north side of the Auburn Arena.
Auburn University announced Friday it will participate in “KICK COVID” next Saturday, Sept. 25.
KICK COVID is a result of a partnership between the Alabama Department of Public Health and Auburn University, among other schools nationwide. The two entities are teaming up to increase vaccination rates and lower the spread of COVID-19.
“The objective of KICK COVID is to promote vaccinations and education regarding vaccine efficacy by leveraging the state’s passion for college football,” a statement on ADPH's website reads.
A KICK COVID vaccine clinic will open on Auburn’s campus Sept. 25 to offer vaccinations to students, faculty and fans alike during the gameday festivities. The clinic will be open on Cater Hall lawn from noon until one hour postgame.
Citizens who receive their first or second vaccine dose through the clinic that day will be awarded a $75 Auburn University bookstore gift card. Additionally, individuals may get vaccinated between Sept. 11 and Oct. 2 to be eligible for the same gift.
To receive a gift card outside of Sept. 25, participants must submit their name, email, address and proof of vaccination at kickcovid19.com. The gift card will be delivered by mail for any who choose to participate outside of gameday.
Sign up for our newsletter
Get The Plainsman straight to your inbox.
Other participating schools and dates include:
- Jacksonville State University vs. University of North Alabama, Sept. 18
- University of South Alabama vs. Alcorn State University, Sept. 18
- Alabama State University vs. Bethune-Cookman University, Sept. 25
- Auburn University vs. Georgia State University, Sept. 25
- Miles College vs. Central State University, Sept. 25
- Samford University vs. East Tennessee State University, Sept. 25
- University of Alabama vs. University of Southern Mississippi, Sept. 25
- Tuskegee University vs. Edward Waters College, Oct. 2
- UAB vs. Liberty University, Oct. 2
- University of North Alabama vs. Campbell University, Oct. 2
- Alabama A&M University vs. Jackson State University, Oct. 9
- Troy University vs. Georgia Southern University, Oct. 9
The University said it encourages those seeking more information about ADPH's statewide KICK COVID effort to visit the campaign's website at kickcovid19.com.
Do you like this story? The Plainsman doesn't accept money from tuition or student fees, and we don't charge a subscription fee. But you can donate to support The Plainsman.Support The Plainsman