Auburn basketball predicted to finish fifth overall in the Southeastern Conference

Mar 6, 2021; Auburn, AL, USA; Auburn Tigers forward JT Thor (10) gets a rebound during the game between Auburn and Mississippi State at Auburn Arena. Mandatory Credit: Jacob Taylor/AU Athletics

Auburn basketball has been predicted to finish fifth overall in the Southeastern Conference according to a panel of SEC and national media members. 

In the year’s first AP poll, Auburn was ranked at No. 22 nationally, behind four other SEC teams. Kentucky sits at No. 10, Alabama is at No. 14, Arkansas at No. 16 and Tennessee at No. 18. 

Freshman Jabari Smith was selected by the same media panel to the Second Team All-SEC. 

Smith has yet to play a minute of collegiate hoops yet, but he was Auburn’s highest rated recruit in the history of the program. The 6’10” freshman projects to be Auburn’s starting power forward. 

By finishing fifth, Auburn is projected to finish behind Tennessee, Arkansas, Alabama and projected SEC champion Kentucky. 

Auburn basketball will begin its season on November 5, against Southern Indiana at Auburn Arena. 

Henry Zimmer | Sports Reporter

Henry Zimmer is from Jacksonville, Florida, and is currently in his fifth year with The Plainsman. He is currently the Sports Reporter and can be followed on Twitter here: @henryzimmer

Share and discuss “Auburn basketball predicted to finish fifth overall in the Southeastern Conference ” on social media.