Auburn to host preseason scrimmage and dunk contest

<p>Bruce Pearl greets fans at Tip Off at Toomer's on Oct. 7, 2021, from Auburn, AL, USA.</p>

Bruce Pearl greets fans at Tip Off at Toomer's on Oct. 7, 2021, from Auburn, AL, USA.

Tip-off at Toomers won’t be the only preseason hype event put on by Auburn basketball for the upcoming 2021 season.

Auburn will host a free and open to the public men’s basketball intrasquad scrimmage in the Auburn Arena on Friday, Oct. 29., following the end of the Auburn versus LSU volleyball match.

It will be the first preseason scrimmage in the Bruce Pearl era and the first public viewing of the product that the Tigers will put on the floor to start the season.

The team, headlined by 5-star recruit and McDonald’s All-American Jabari Smith, will also perform a dunk contest to make up for the one skipped during Tip-Off at Toomer's due to a wet court.

The event will consist of a scrimmage with two-halves, a dunk contest and a formal team introduction.

The volleyball match versus LSU will be held in the Auburn Arena with the Orange-and-Blue event commencing at the immediate end of the match. Doors for the volleyball match will open at 5 p.m. CST. Tickets are not required for entry into either event and seating will be on a general public first-come, first-serve basis.

There will be three entry points into the arena: the scholarship entrance, the north main entrance or the student entrance.

Those who plan on attending can park in the Auburn Arena lot, the campus safety lot, the stadium parking deck or the athletic complex parking decks.

Larry Robinson | Photo Editor

Larry is a senior studying journalism with a minor in sociology. He is from Enterprise, Alabama and is in his third year with The Auburn Plainsman. 

Twitter: @ReportingLarry

Share and discuss “Auburn to host preseason scrimmage and dunk contest” on social media.