Auburn slated for third prime-time match against South Carolina

<p>Auburn takes the field before a game against Ole Miss on Oct. 30, 2021, from Jordan-Hare Stadium in Auburn, AL, USA.</p>

Auburn takes the field before a game against Ole Miss on Oct. 30, 2021, from Jordan-Hare Stadium in Auburn, AL, USA.

Auburn football will be playing underneath the Saturday night lights for at least one more game this season, as Auburn is scheduled to play South Carolina at 6 p.m. CST in Columbia on Nov. 20 in the SEC’s newest release of game times and broadcasting channels.

The matchup between the Tigers and the Gamecocks is ESPN’s “primetime” game and the third time Auburn will play in the prime-time game this year.

The Tigers’ last SEC matchup under the lights was a 31-20 win over then No. 10 ranked Ole Miss at home in Jordan-Hare. Their last prime-time win was on the road in Baton Rouge in early October while their last prime-time loss was to Penn State in Happy Valley.

The only time Auburn has lost in Williams-Brice Stadium in the entire 15 game all-time series was just one year ago when cornerback Jaycee Horn led the Gamecocks to a 30-22 win with two game-clinching interceptions. 

Auburn has only lost to the Gamecocks one other time in the 91-year series history between the two teams.

Here are all the SEC matchups and game times for the 20th.

https://twitter.com/sec/status/1457762342440091652?s=21

Larry Robinson | Photo Editor

Larry is a senior studying journalism with a minor in sociology. He is from Enterprise, Alabama and is in his third year with The Auburn Plainsman. 

Twitter: @ReportingLarry

Share and discuss “Auburn slated for third prime-time match against South Carolina” on social media.