Tigers ranked No. 4 in latest AP Poll, highest rank in two years

<p>Nov. 9, 2021; Auburn, Alabama; Bruce Pearl celebrates with fans after a match between Auburn and Morehead State.</p>

Nov. 9, 2021; Auburn, Alabama; Bruce Pearl celebrates with fans after a match between Auburn and Morehead State.

The Tigers are headed to their mid-week rival matchup in Tuscaloosa as the No. 4 team in the nation after the release of the newest AP Poll on Monday. Auburn was ranked as the top SEC team once again, moving up five spots from its previous ranking of No. 9.

Auburn, now on an11-win streak, handily beat Florida at home on Saturday with strong performances yet again by Walker Kessler and a flurry of scorers from the Tigers' deep bench. The No. 1-rated team in Division I for block percentage rejected a total of 16 shots against the Gators with guard Wendell Green Jr. showing his tenacity on defense with five solo blocks.

Bruce Pearl's team is one of five SEC schools ranked in the Top 25, followed by No. 12 LSU, No. 18 Kentucky, No. 22 Tennessee and No, 24 Alabama.

Auburn (14-1) will face No. 24 Alabama (11-4) in the Iron Bowl of basketball on Tuesday, Jan. 10 at 8 p.m. CST from Coleman Coliseum in Tuscaloosa. The game will be broadcast on ESPN.

Larry Robinson | Photo Editor

Larry is a senior studying journalism with a minor in sociology. He is from Enterprise, Alabama and is in his third year with The Auburn Plainsman. 

Twitter: @ReportingLarry

Share and discuss “Tigers ranked No. 4 in latest AP Poll, highest rank in two years” on social media.