AU releases spring 2022 commencement schedule

Auburn University graduates attend the Fall 2019 Commencement ceremony on Saturday, Dec. 14, in Auburn, Ala.

Auburn University announced its schedule for spring commencement ceremonies Tuesday afternoon in an email to students and faculty. Ceremonies are scheduled for May 6 and 7. 

May 6 

University Commencement is scheduled for Friday, May 6, from 5-6 p.m. in Jordan-Hare Stadium. All graduates are required to attend the ceremony and should arrive no later than 4 p.m. Families and guests are welcome, and gates open at 3 p.m.

The ceremony will include a keynote address, conferral of degrees, recognition of students graduating with honors and the introduction of student graduation marshals, who are selected by their colleges. 

All graduates will receive a commemorative AU cord and be seated on Pat Dye Field. Graduates will also pick up their name tags upon entry, which are required for Saturday’s ceremonies. 

Graduates are required to wear regalia, which can be purchased through the Auburn University Bookstore. The last day to order regalia without a late fee is April 11.

The University provided other guidance in its email to students Tuesday afternoon, listed below:

• Graduates should enter the stadium through the north end zone parking lot.
  • Graduates may only bring a cellphone. Bags are not permitted on the field.
  • Photo opportunities with Aubie and graduates’ names displayed on the video board will be available until 9 p.m.
  • Dress appropriately — heels are not allowed on the field. 
  • Accessible parking is available in Auburn Arena parking lot and golf carts will be available to help those with mobility issues. 
  • All accessibility seating in Jordan-Hare is reserved for those with wheelchairs only.

May 7 

Commencement ceremonies for individual colleges and graduate students will be held in Auburn Arena on Saturday, May 7. Ceremonies begin with remarks from the college’s dean, and all graduates will cross the stage and receive a copy of the Auburn Creed. 

AU Photographic Services will take photos of each student crossing the stage which will be available for free download two weeks after the ceremony.

Graduates must enter the arena’s student entrance at the designated time for their college. Some colleges’ ceremonies are combined into one ceremony, which is shown in the schedule below:

• 8 a.m. (arrive at 7:20 a.m.): Agriculture; Architecture, Design and Construction; Education
  • 9:45 a.m. (arrive at 9:05 a.m.): Samuel Ginn College of Engineering
  • 11:45 a.m. (arrive at 11 a.m.): Nursing, Forestry and Wildlife Sciences, Sciences and Mathematics, Human Sciences
  • 1:35 p.m. (arrive at 12:50 p.m.): Harbert College of Business
  • 4 p.m. (arrive at 3 p.m.): Doctoral candidates
  • 5 p.m. (arrive at 4:20 p.m.): Masters candidates
  • 6:45 p.m. (arrive at 6:15 p.m.): Liberal Arts

Evan Mealins | Editor-in-chief

Evan Mealins, senior in philosophy and economics, is the editor-in-chief of The Auburn Plainsman.

@EvanMealins

ecm0060@auburn.edu

Share and discuss “AU releases spring 2022 commencement schedule” on social media.