Devan Cambridge announces intention to enter the transfer portal

Devan Cambridge (35) rocks the rim with a high-flying dunk during a match between Auburn and Murray State in the Auburn Arena on December 22, 2022.

Auburn guard Devan Cambridge announced he is entering the transfer portal with a picture posted to Instagram on Thursday morning. 

“First and foremost I would like to thank the man himself, "Bruce Pearl," and the coaching staff for giving me the opportunity of a lifetime,” Cambridge said in his post. “Also, I would like to thank my Auburn family for the unconditional love you have given me for 3 years.”

Known as “Bounceman”, Cambridge provided many highlight-reel plays during his three seasons on the plains.

Cambridge was a contributor for Auburn the moment he stepped on campus playing in all 31 of Auburn’s games during the 2019-20 season. 

As a freshman, Cambridge had some explosive games including a 26 point game against South Carolina and a 21 point game against LSU.

With Auburn losing six players from the 19-20 team Cambridge’s role increased as his shot attempts went up from 3.7 to 8.5 and his points per game went from 4.2 to 8.9.

Cambridge settled into a lesser role in his junior season with Auburn having more talent on its roster. His shot attempts went down to just five a game and he was used primarily for his defense and energy off the bench.

With his Covid year, Cambridge will have two years of eligibility for his next destination.

Henry Patton | Sports Writer

Henry is a sophomore from Dallas, Texas. This is his second year with The Auburn Plainsman. 

Twitter: @Henry_Patton23

Share and discuss “ Devan Cambridge announces intention to enter the transfer portal” on social media.