Jabari Smith declares for NBA Draft

Jabari Smith (10) singles out a defender and puts him on a poster with a dunk in the Tigers' first-round win over Jacksonville State in the NCAA Tournament on March 18, 2022.

Freshman sensation Jabari Smith Jr. has officially declared for the 2022 NBA Draft. Smith entered Auburn as the highest rated recruit in program history and did not disappoint.

The 6’10 forward led the Tigers in scoring averaging 16.9 points per game, also contributing 7.4 rebonds as well. Smith served as a cornerstone in this historically successful season for Auburn, helping the program earn its first No.1 ranking in the AP poll and an SEC regular season championship. 

Smith received SEC freshman of the week honors six times, an Auburn record and was also named SEC Freshman of the year. Additionally Smith was voted to the All SEC first team and AP All American second team. Smith also was named a finalist for the John Wooden award and Karl Malone Power Forward of the year award.

The talented forward is projected to be a top three section in this year's draft, with many experts projecting him to be the top overall selection.

Share and discuss “Jabari Smith declares for NBA Draft” on social media.