Auburn family to appear on Family Feud

<p>Molly Howard, Ale McGraw, Ame McGraw, Anna Hunt and Brent Anderson, several of which are Auburn alumni, are set to appear on the show Family feud.&nbsp;</p>

Molly Howard, Ale McGraw, Ame McGraw, Anna Hunt and Brent Anderson, several of which are Auburn alumni, are set to appear on the show Family feud. 

A part of the Auburn family is headed to Family Feud. The Anderson family, of Auburn, is set to appear on the next episode of the popular game show on Tuesday, Oct. 11 at 6 p.m. 

Featured family members include Molly Howard, Ale McGraw, Ame McGraw, Anna Hunt and Brent Anderson, several of which are Auburn alumni. 

Last October, the family was brought together due to the passing of their aunt. Having not been together for a long time prior to the funeral, they used it as a chance to bond and reconnect, said Molly Howard, owner of Studio 319 in Opelika and an Auburn alumna. With Family Feud being a family favorite show, they quickly decided to film an audition in hopes of creating memories while together. 

“So we did it in the basement of the church at our aunt's funeral. It sounds so weird, but it was something that cheered us up and made us happy and made us laugh,” Howard said. 

Soon enough, the Andersons found out they had been selected to appear on the show. The family flew over to California where they were recording multiple episodes at once. While on set, the Andersons were able to compete and bond with the rest of the cast and crew, including show host Steve Harvey.

“There's a reason that show is so successful because everyone around you and everyone that works there is so high energy and nice…it’s so much fun,” Howard said. “You can practice as much as you like… but when you're up there and there's lights, I totally understand how people say the craziest stuff.”

For the Auburn fans, Howard said there were mentions of the University on set, including the famous Auburn/Alabama rivalry.

“There's going to be a lot of reference to [Auburn] University... because all four of us graduated and you know, when you go there, it's like in your blood. It's something that is such a big part of you...it was brought up so many times which I think is just so fun for the area,” Howard said. 

Diane Pham | News Writer

Diane Pham, freshman in industrial engineering, is a news writer at The Plainsman.

Share and discuss “Auburn family to appear on Family Feud” on social media.