Plainsman Picks: LSU

Auburn quarterback Robby Ashford (9) passes the ball off against the Missouri Tigers in Jordan-Hare Stadium on Sep. 24, 2022.

Auburn (3-1) opened its SEC slate with an overtime win over Missouri last week. Coming off a wild homecoming win, Auburn will finish out its early-season home streak by bringing LSU to town.

Here's how our staff is predicting the game:

Callie Stanford, Sports Editor: LSU 28-20

@Stanford1Callie

"We've reached the point in the season where I'm going to become a pessimist and never look back. I think the true scope of Auburn's issues will come out this week and, despite what should be a big performance from the defense, LSU overpowers its host and earns a solid win."

Noah Griffith, Assistant Sports Editor: LSU 28-17

@NoahGG01

"I expect Auburn's offense to come out hot again, but late turnovers will put out the fire. Despite a big game from former LSU receiver Koy Moore, Auburn doesn't have enough firepower up front on offense to slow down a strong LSU defensive line."

Jacob Waters, Sports Reporter: 24-10 LSU

@JacobWaters_

"I expect this game to start like it did last week. Auburn has a good script to begin the game and scores early to get the crowd in the game. However, the offense will falter after that like we have seen it do all season. Auburn's defense will keep the score close entering the fourth quarter, but I don't think the offense has enough juice to pull out a victory. LSU scores late as Jayden Daniels plays a clean game and the Bayou Bengals snap their two-game losing streak against Auburn."

Matthew Wallace, Sports Writer: LSU 27-14

"The raucous crowd at Jordan-Hare Stadium, much like in the Penn State game, will affect LSU early and could will Auburn to an early lead. It will be a close game at the half, but the visiting Tigers will make the necessary adjustments in the locker room - something Auburn has struggled to do in its last six games against Power Five opponents. The crowd will be a non-factor in the second half as Auburn's offense again stalls, allowing LSU to pull away late for its first win over Auburn since 2019."

Daniel Schmidt, Assistant News Editor: LSU 31-7

@dschmidttweets

"I think this will end up being an ugly game. I've given Auburn the benefit of the doubt so far this season and they've disappointed thus far. With Auburn's offense floundering and the defense facing a mobile quarterback in Jayden Daniels, there's the potential for this to get ugly. Kayshon Boutte shows up big after last week's excused absence against New Mexico and the Bengal Tigers make a statement."

Share and discuss “Plainsman Picks: LSU” on social media.