BSU hosting several events to celebrate Unity Week

The beginning of February brought with it Black History Month, an annual celebration recognizing the achievements of African Americans. In recognition of Black History Month, Auburn's Black Student Union is hosting Unity Week, a week of events seeking to unify students throughout campus. 

On Tuesday, Feb. 14, BSU is collaborating with Student Government Association to bring “The Opportunity to Express Yourself," an event seeking to express what unity is through art. This painting event will be in Melton Student Center 2310 from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.

On Wednesday, Feb. 15, the Freshman Committee of BSU will be on the 2nd floor of Melton Student Center to talk with those interested in learning more about their committee and BSU as a whole. This event will be from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

On Wednesday from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., BSU will be collaborating with Auburn Black Caucus to bring “The Networking Hour.” This event will allow students to connect with professionals from a variety of fields. Due to the nature of this event, the attire is business professional or business casual and will occur in Melton Student Center Ballrooms.

BSU will be partnering with Teach for America on Thursday, Feb. 16, to offer coffee and information on TFA’s organization to interested students. The CEO of TFA will be present to talk to students about how to get involved. This event will be from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. in Melton Student Center 2222.

On Thursday evening, from 6 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., Kevin Brisco will be showcasing his exhibition “Radical Naturalism – Kevin Brisco: Migratory Roots.” This event will take place at Jule Collins Smith Museum of Fine Art and requires a reservation due to limited space. The link to register can be found on BSU’s AU Involve page. 

To conclude Unity Week, BSU will be hosting ISO Social Hour on Friday, Feb. 17. The ISO Social Hour works to encourage interaction for both international and domestic students. This event will occur in Melton Student Center 2222 from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. 

Kayleigh Freeman | Community Writer

Kayleigh Freeman, freshman in journalism, is a news writer at The Auburn Plainsman.

Share and discuss “BSU hosting several events to celebrate Unity Week” on social media.