College GameDay returns to Auburn ahead of matchup with Alabama

<p>Auburn fans cheer for Auburn basketball team in the game against Arkansas at the Neville Arena on Jan. 7, 2023.</p>

Auburn fans cheer for Auburn basketball team in the game against Arkansas at the Neville Arena on Jan. 7, 2023.

The eyes of the college basketball world will be on Auburn, Ala. on Feb. 11, as ESPN’s College GameDay has announced that it will return to Neville Arena prior to Auburn’s game against Alabama.

College GameDay, now in its 19th season, is hosted by Rece Davis, Jay Bilas, LaPhonso Ellis and Seth Greenberg. In its first 15 seasons, GameDay never visited Auburn, but Saturday’s visit to Neville Arena will be the show’s third in the past four seasons. Auburn will be the third school GameDay has visited this season, following Tennessee and Duke.

The contest will serve as Auburn’s annual AUTLIVE Cancer game. The Tigers are undefeated in AUTLIVE games — including wins over Kentucky in 2020 and Texas A&M in 2022 with College GameDay on site.

College GameDay will come on the air at 10 a.m. CST and will last for an hour before the day’s games. The game between Auburn and Alabama will tip-off at 1 p.m. CST and will, like GameDay, be broadcast on ESPN.

Matthew Wallace | Assistant Sports Editor

Matthew is a senior from Huntsville, Alabama, majoring in journalism. He started with The Plainsman in fall 2021.

Twitter: @mattwallaceAU

Share and discuss “College GameDay returns to Auburn ahead of matchup with Alabama” on social media.