Auburn's Jeffrey M'ba to enter transfer portal

<p>Football and Auburn helmet on the field in Jordan-Hare Stadium against Texas A&amp;M on November 12, 2022.&nbsp;</p>

Football and Auburn helmet on the field in Jordan-Hare Stadium against Texas A&M on November 12, 2022. 

After one seasons on the Plains, Auburn defensive lineman Jeffrey M'ba will enter the transfer portal.

M'ba made the announcement on social media on Thursday.

"I am grateful to have been a part of the Auburn Tigers community. My time in Auburn has taught me lessons that extend far beyond the football field... Most importantly, I would like to thank the Auburn community for embracing me and supporting me throughout my time here. I never felt anything but real love from you since day 1. You are all a big family and made me a part of it. I will always remember and appreciate you," M'ba said on social media.

M'ba also thanked his teammates, the Auburn strength coaching staff and former Auburn head coach Bryan Harsin.

The 6-foot-6, 307 pound defensive lineman came to the Tigers from Independence Community College in Kansas where he recorded 50 tackles and 15 tackles for loss. Rated as the No. 1 junior college player in the 2022 class according to 247Sports, M'ba signed with Harsin and Auburn in December 2021.

Originally from Gabon and making his way to the U.S. from France, M'ba tallied seven tackles in 10 games in 2022. M'ba also recorded a TFL, sack and forced fumble against Mississippi State.

M'ba joins linebackers Kameron Brown and Desmond Tisdol  as Auburn players this spring to enter the transfer portal, which reopens April 15.

Jacob Waters | Sports Reporter

Jacob is a sophomore from Leeds, Alabama. This is his second year with The Auburn Plainsman. 

Twitter: @JacobWaters_

Share and discuss “Auburn's Jeffrey M'ba to enter transfer portal” on social media.