Tank Bigsby selected 88th overall in NFL Draft

<p>Tank Bigsby breaks free down the field in Jordan-Hare Stadium against Texas A&amp;M on November 12, 2022.&nbsp;</p>

Tank Bigsby breaks free down the field in Jordan-Hare Stadium against Texas A&M on November 12, 2022. 

Running back Tank Bigsby was selected in the third round by the Jacksonville Jaguars Friday night with the 88th overall pick, becoming the second Tiger chosen in this year's draft. 

Bigsby, a native of LaGrange, Georgia, became the fifth Tiger running back in the past decade to be selected, joining Ben Tate, Tre Mason, Cameron Artis-Payne and Kerryon Johnson.

Bigsby stands at six feet tall and 210 pounds. The running back committed to Auburn in 2019 under former head coach Gus Malzahn as a 4-star recruit and was the feature back in the Auburn offense in his final years at Auburn, putting up 2,903 yards rushing and 25 total touchdowns in three seasons on the Plains. His rushing yard and total touchdown marks placed him seventh and eighth in Auburn history, respectively.

In his junior season, he recorded 970 yards and 10 touchdowns with 43 fewer touches than the previous season. 

Bigsby earned an invitation to the NFL Draft Combine following his junior season and was honored as a Pro Football Focus third-team All-SEC member.

He heads to Jacksonville to play under head coach Doug Pederson and to compete with Travie Etienne Jr, JaMychal Hasty and D’Ernest Johnson as he looks to impact Jaguar's offense immediately. 

Bigsby becomes the third Auburn player on Jacksonvilles’ current roster, joining former Auburn safety Daniel Thomas and Auburn wide receiver Seth Williams.

Auburn edge defender Derick Hall was selected earlier Friday night in the second round to the Seattle Seahawks.

Craig Noyes | Sports Writer

Craig Noyes is a junior from Kensington, Maryland, majoring in journalism. He joined The Plainsman in January 2023.

Twitter: @craignoyes58

Share and discuss “Tank Bigsby selected 88th overall in NFL Draft” on social media.