Auburn slugger Bri Ellis to enter transfer portal

On Monday's Auburn's most powerful slugger Bri Ellis announced she would enter the transfer portal.

Ellis spent two seasons on the Plains under head coach Mickey Dean and made her announcement on social media.

"Thank you for everything, Auburn family," Ellis said in her post on Instagram. "Your endless support through the toughest trials and the greatest joy means the world to me. I am so proud and forever grateful to have been able to call this place home for the past two years... Auburn is truly one of a kind. It breaks my heart, but I must do what is right for myself in this journey."

Ellis started 55 games at first base her freshman year while hitting .302 and leading the Tigers in RBIs with 49. Ellis also broke the Auburn freshman record for home runs in a season with 20. Her home run mark tied the second most in Auburn history as Auburn qualified for an NCAA Regional.

During her second season at Auburn, Ellis hit .275, recorded 14 home runs and cashed in 47 RBIs. Auburn advanced to another NCAA Regional where Ellis hit a grand slam against Cal State Fullerton and a three-run home run against Clemson, but Auburn ultimately fell for the second straight season without making it to an NCAA Super Regional.

Ellis joins Lindsey Garcia as Tigers to reportedly enter the transfer portal.

Jacob Waters | Assistant Sports Editor

Jacob Waters is a junior majoring in journalism. From Leeds, Alabama, he started with The Plainsman in fall 2021.

Twitter: @JacobWaters_

Share and discuss “Auburn slugger Bri Ellis to enter transfer portal” on social media.