Auburn's 2023-24 SEC basketball opponents announced

Auburn head coach Bruce Pearl reacts while talking to a referee in the second half of a match between Auburn and Tennessee in the Thompson-Boling Arena on Feb. 26, 2022.

Auburn's 2023-24 basketball schedule is coming into shape.

On Monday, the SEC announced Auburn's conference opponents for the 2023-24 season.

Auburn welcomes Alabama, Georgia and Ole Miss to Neville Arena every season for the Tigers' yearly home-and-home matchups, but this year will also play host to Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, South Carolina, Texas A&M and Vanderbilt.

The Tigers will go on the road to face Alabama, Georgia, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Florida, Mississippi State, Missouri, Tennessee and Vanderbilt.

Auburn is coming off a 2022-23 season in which it went 21-13 and 10-8 in SEC play. The Tigers return key starters Johni Broome and Jaylin Williams and also bring in four newcomers — three from the transfer portal and one from high school — as they look to contend for an SEC Championship.

Auburn finished seventh in the SEC regular season standings last season and had a quick exit in the SEC Tournament, losing its first game of the tournament to Arkansas in the second round.

Jacob Waters | Sports Editor

Jacob Waters is a senior majoring in journalism. From Leeds, Alabama, he started with The Plainsman in August, 2021.

Twitter: @JacobWaters_

Share and discuss “Auburn's 2023-24 SEC basketball opponents announced” on social media.