Crouch earns five-year contract extension as Auburn volleyball coach

<p>Oct. 3, 2021; Auburn, AL, USA; Auburn head coach Brent Crouch looks on during a match between Auburn and Alabama in the Auburn Arena.</p>

Oct. 3, 2021; Auburn, AL, USA; Auburn head coach Brent Crouch looks on during a match between Auburn and Alabama in the Auburn Arena.

Auburn volleyball coach Brent Crouch has signed a five-year contract extension through the 2027 season, the university announced Wednesday.

Crouch, who led the Tigers to their second NCAA Tournament appearance in 2022, has a 35-32 record through three seasons on the Plains.

“My plan has always been to be at Auburn long-term and to build a perennial NCAA Tournament team capable of competing for championships,” Crouch said. “In every sense of the phrase, the SEC and Auburn have never been in a stronger position and that strength will only continue to grow. Volleyball on the Plains is on track, in fact, ahead of schedule.”

Last season, Crouch’s Tigers made the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 2010 and earned an upset victory over nationally-seeded Creighton in the first round. Auburn started the 2022 campaign with a 14-0 record, the best start in program history, and finished with a 22-9 record — the program’s most wins since 1998.

Crouch, who came to Auburn from USC before the 2020 season, was named the AVCA South Region coach of the year in 2022. 

Pin hitter Akasha Anderson was named to the All-SEC team, while pin hitter Madison Scheer and middle blocker Kendal Kemp, as well as Anderson, were named All-Freshman performers in 2022.

“I’m grateful to Athletics Director John Cohen, Senior Associate AD Joy Vrbka, Executive Deputy AD Rich McGlynn and Deputy AD and SWA Djenane Paul for their continued support of Auburn Volleyball at the highest level,” Crouch said. “I’m also appreciative of the support staff who have made our success possible. Thank you to our student-athletes who believe in our project and perform on and off the court, and to their families who continue to raise such special young people. Finally, thank you to my wife Marcy and sons Jonathan and William for their unwavering support and tireless efforts.”

Crouch’s fourth season on the Plains will begin in August as the Tigers look to build upon the historic 2022 campaign.

“There is nothing like the Auburn Family,” Crouch said. “War Eagle!”

Matthew Wallace | Assistant Sports Editor

Matthew is a senior from Huntsville, Alabama, majoring in journalism. He started with The Plainsman in fall 2021.

Twitter: @mattwallaceAU

Share and discuss “Crouch earns five-year contract extension as Auburn volleyball coach” on social media.