Auburn lands commitment from four-star defensive back

<p>Football and Auburn helmet on the field in Jordan-Hare Stadium against Texas A&amp;M on November 12, 2022.&nbsp;</p>

Football and Auburn helmet on the field in Jordan-Hare Stadium against Texas A&M on November 12, 2022. 

Hugh Freeze and the Auburn Tigers earned another recruiting win on Saturday as 4-star defensive back Jalewis Solomon committed to the Tigers. 

Solomon, the younger brother of Auburn defensive lineman Zykevious Walker, chose the Tigers over South Carolina.

A native of Ellaville, Georgia, Solomon is rated as the No. 230 recruit in the nation by the 247Sports Composite and the No. 19 athlete. The 6-foot-1, 185-pound athlete was recruited to Auburn by safeties coach Zac Etheridge and cornerbacks coach Wesley McGriff.

With his announcement, Solomon became the 15th commitment for Auburn’s 2024 recruiting class, which now ranks No. 16 nationally in the 247Sports Composite, and the seventh since the beginning of July. Of the 15 players committed to play for Freeze’s Tigers, eight are rated as a 4-star or 5-star prospect, according to 247Sports.

Matthew Wallace | Assistant Sports Editor

Matthew is a senior from Huntsville, Alabama, majoring in journalism. He started with The Plainsman in fall 2021.

Twitter: @mattwallaceAU

Share and discuss “Auburn lands commitment from four-star defensive back” on social media.