Auburn basketball lands commitment from 4-star forward

Auburn head coach Bruce Pearl shares a smile while answering questions from reporters about the team's upcoming NCAA Tournament second-round matchup against Miami during a press session in Greenville, South Carolina, on March 19, 2022.

Auburn basketball added another commitment to its 2024 recruiting class as 4-star forward Jahki Howard announced his pledge to Bruce Pearl’s program.

Howard, originally from Boston, now competes for Overtime Elite in Atlanta. He is ranked as the No. 76 high school prospect nationally by the 247Sports Composite. The 6-foot-6-inch, 175-pound small forward visited Auburn on Nov. 4.

Howard is the second commitment of Auburn’s 2024 class. His pledge to the Tigers raised Auburn’s class ranking to No. 25 nationally and fifth in the SEC, according to the 247Sports Composite rankings.

The Tigers earned Howard’s commitment over Arizona State, Arkansas, Georgia Tech and UConn, among others.

Howard’s commitment came on the same day that 5-star guard Tahaad Pettiford, the No. 2 point guard in the 2024 class, signed his letter of intent for Pearl’s program.

Matthew Wallace | Assistant Sports Editor

Matthew is a senior from Huntsville, Alabama, majoring in journalism. He started with The Plainsman in fall 2021.

Twitter: @mattwallaceAU

Share and discuss “Auburn basketball lands commitment from 4-star forward” on social media.