Savannah Scott named SEC Freshman of the Week

Auburn Center Savannah Scott (30) drives to the basket against Louisiana on November 9, 2023 in Neville Arena.

Auburn women's basketball center Savannah Scott was named SEC Freshman of the Week Tuesday after the first week of play in women's college basketball.

Scott, a 6-foot-4 center from Conway, Arkansas, is the 12th player in Auburn history to be named SEC Freshman of the Week. 

In her first week as a collegiate basketball player, Scott has started in all three of the Tigers' regular season games and is averaging 16.7 points per game and 8.3 rebounds per game while leading the Tigers in both metrics. 

Scott and Auburn are coming off a road win over Rutgers in which she recorded 21 points and 11 rebounds, securing her first collegiate double-double. She also recorded 16 points and six rebounds in the Tigers win over Louisiana and 13 points and eight rebounds in the Tigers' season debut against Jacksonville State.  

Auburn is back on the court at Neville Arena on Friday, Nov. 17 as it takes on the California Golden Bears. Tipoff is at 7 p.m. CST, and the game will be televised on SEC Network+.

Grace Heim | Sports Reporter

Grace Heim is a junior from Enterprise, Alabama, majoring in English Literature. She started with The Plainsman in January 2023.

Share and discuss “Savannah Scott named SEC Freshman of the Week” on social media.