UPC holds annual War Damn Coffee Jam

The crowd waits for Aidan Bisset to perform at War Damn Coffee Jam on November 15, 2023.

Aromas of coffee and doughnuts filled the air as Auburn University’s University Program Council held its annual War Damn Coffee Jam inside Langdon Hall the evening of Wednesday, Nov. 15. 

Students lined up and braced the cold and rainy weather to see Aidan Bissett, an emerging indie singer, perform live. UPC aimed to create an all-around great night to socialize and escape the stresses of school.

Cole Wheeler, junior in professional flight, serves as vice president of creative events for UPC and has been involved with the organization since his freshman year. He is very passionate about War Damn Coffee Jam and wants students to come to more UPC events.  

“War Damn Coffee Jam is one of the only opportunities Auburn students have to go out and experience live music on campus," Wheeler said. "This event, along with other UPC events, allows students who do not want to go downtown to get out and have fun. All Auburn students are encouraged to come to all our events, and we want everyone to come have fun with us.”

Isabel Hensler, sophomore in marketing, is the director of marketing for the UPC special events committee. She expressed her love for UPC and War Damn Coffee Jam, which combines two of her passions — coffee and music.

“War Damn Coffee Jam is one of my favorite UPC events of the year,” Hensler said. “I love seeing how much fun all the students have this night. This event is what UPC is all about. We want to spread joy and happiness to all students across campus.” 

Aidan Bisset performs in Langdon Hall during War Damn Coffee Jam on November 15, 2023.

The event usually takes place on Samford Lawn, but rainy weather pushed organizers to move the event inside Langdon Hall. Previous performers at the event include Faye Webster and Timid Sons.

Several of Bissett's songs have grown popular on social media in recent years including singles "More Than Friends" and "Tipping Over Air," lending him a base among young adults. He is currently on his "Supernova" tour, which has traveled across North America and is soon to depart for shows in Europe.

When the doors opened to students at 7 p.m., they were greeted with coffee bars where they could make their own coffee and hot chocolate. The auditorium began to fill up and was packed by the start of the concert. When Bissett started to perform some of his popular hits, the crowd erupted. 

Bissett played for nearly two hours before the event concluded around 10 p.m.

Lillian Martin, freshman in elementary education, was one of many students who lined up for the event. Over her first college semester, she has attended several UPC events, which she has grown fond of. 

“My friends and I have been excited about this concert for days,” Martin said. “I have been to multiple UPC events this fall, and they have made my first semester great. If you are a student who needs a break from school or just wants to socialize, UPC events are the way to do it.” 

Share and discuss “UPC holds annual War Damn Coffee Jam” on social media.