Auburn adds JUCO OT Seth Wilfred

An Auburn football rests on a table at the final day of SEC Media Days in Atlanta, Georgia, on July 21, 2022

Auburn took a step in the right direction in retooling its offensive line Monday afternoon after landing the commitment of JUCO offensive lineman Seth Wilfred.

Wilfred, who previously attended Snow College in Ephraim, Utah, announced his commitment to Hugh Freeze and the Tigers on social media.

Standing at 6-foot-6 and weighing 295 pounds, Wilfred is listed as an offensive tackle according to recruiting websites and fielded other offers from Iowa State, Houston, Arizona State and others.

Wilfred won't be the only player on next season's roster who joined the Snow College to Auburn pipeline as defensive back Keionte Scott, who announced his return to Auburn on Monday, also came to the Plains from Snow College.

Wilfred joins 4-star interior offensive lineman DeAndre Carter as the two offensive line commitments Auburn has in the 2024 class. As for departures, guards Jalil Irvin, Kam Stutts and Gunner Britton are all out of eligibility as well as center Avery Jones.

Auburn currently boasts the No. 11 nationally-rated recruiting class for the 2024 cycle according to 247Sports as the early signing day approaches on Dec. 20.

Jacob Waters | Sports Editor

Jacob Waters is a senior majoring in journalism. From Leeds, Alabama, he started with The Plainsman in August, 2021.

Twitter: @JacobWaters_

Share and discuss “Auburn adds JUCO OT Seth Wilfred” on social media.