Auburn lands Duke linebacker transfer Dorian Mausi

Coach Freeze
Coach Freeze

The Tigers have added a linebacker to their defensive roster from the transfer portal. Dorian Mausi, a transfer linebacker from Duke, committed to Auburn on Wednesday afternoon.

Auburn head coach Hugh Freeze broke the news in a press conference on Wednesday.

Mausi entered the transfer portal in December after four seasons with the Blue Devils. By the end of Duke’s regular season, Mausi registered 20 career starts and 1,659 career snaps, making him a seasoned transfer for the Tiger defense. 

In his final season at Duke, Mausi totaled 61 tackles with a season high 14 tackles in the Blue Devils’ contest against conference opponent Florida State. Mausi recorded six starts this season, ending with 3.5 TFL. 

Mausi’s 2022 season with the Blue Devils saw six starts and 11 games played. He recorded 44 tackles, one TFL, one QB pressure, and registered at least three tackles in eight games of the 2022 season. 

In the 2021 season, Mausi started in 11 games and finished fourth on the team in tackles (59) while recording two TFL, one forced fumble and one QB pressure while registering at least three tackles in 11 games. 

Mausi graduated from Detroit Jesuit High School in Detroit where he was considered a 3-star prospect and the No. 57 outside linebacker nationally. 

Grace Heim | Sports Reporter

Grace Heim is a junior from Enterprise, Alabama, majoring in English Literature. She started with The Plainsman in January 2023.

Share and discuss “Auburn lands Duke linebacker transfer Dorian Mausi” on social media.