Auburn's 2024 football schedule revealed

<p>Hugh Freeze in the Auburn walkout against UMass at Jordan Hare Stadium on September 2nd 2023</p>

Hugh Freeze in the Auburn walkout against UMass at Jordan Hare Stadium on September 2nd 2023

Auburn now knows what its 2024 schedule looks like.

On Wednesday, the SEC officially revealed the order of Auburn’s 2024 SEC schedule. The conference previously revealed what SEC teams Auburn would play over the 2024 season in June.

The Tigers’ week one opponent was confirmed Wednesday night as the ESPN broadcast revealed Auburn would host FCS opponent Alabama A&M to kick off the season.

Auburn’s second game is another nonconference game and is a conclusion of a home-and-home agreement against California, which will take place in Jordan-Hare Stadium on Sept. 7. Auburn beat California on the road in September this year 14-10.

The following week, Auburn hosts first-year head coach Bronco Mendenhall and the New Mexico Lobos – which will be the first matchup between the two programs.

Then, SEC play begins for Auburn in its second season under head coach Hugh Freeze.

Auburn kicks off its SEC schedule with Arkansas on Sept. 21 in Jordan-Hare Stadium. The Tigers have won seven of the last eight matchups against the Razorbacks.

As Texas and Oklahoma join the SEC in 2024, Auburn will get its chance to welcome one of the newcomers in week five. On Sept. 28, the Tigers host Oklahoma at home to give Auburn five straight home games to begin the season. The matchup between the Tigers and Sooners will be just the third all-time meeting between the two.

Following the Oklahoma game, Auburn goes on the road to Georgia to face the Bulldogs in the Deep South’s Oldest Rivalry. The game will take place in Sanford Stadium, a place Auburn hasn’t won at since 2005.

Auburn is back on the road during week seven as the Tigers go to Columbia, Missouri, to take on the Missouri Tigers. Missouri is in the midst of its best season under head coach Eli Drinkwitz as the Tigers sit at 10-2 and have a spot in the Cotton Bowl against Ohio State.

Auburn has a bye week in week eight, but the Tigers will hit three straight games away from Jordan-Hare Stadium during week nine when the Tigers go on the road to play Kentucky at Kroger Field. It’ll be the first time the two teams meet since 2020.

Auburn finally ends a near month away from home when the Tigers welcome Vanderbilt to the Plains on Nov. 2. The Tigers faced the Commodores in November, winning 31-15 on the road.

After another bye week following the Vanderbilt game, Auburn is back into nonconference play when the Tigers play the Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks at home on Nov. 16.

Auburn jumps back into conference play on Nov. 23, as the Tigers will face Texas A&M at home the week before the Iron Bowl. Auburn fell to Texas A&M in September, losing 27-10 and failing to score an offensive touchdown.

To conclude the regular season, Auburn makes the trip across the state to Tuscaloosa to face Alabama in the 89th edition of the Iron Bowl.

Auburn’s full 2024 schedule goes as followed:

Week 1 vs. Alabama A&M (Aug. 31)

Week 2 vs. California (Sept. 7)

Week 3 vs. New Mexico (Sept. 14)

Week 4 vs. Arkansas (Sept. 21)

Week 5 vs. Oklahoma (Sept. 28)

Week 6 at Georgia (Oct. 5)

Week 7: BYE (Oct. 12)

Week 8 at Missouri (Oct. 19)

Week 9 at Kentucky (Oct. 26)

Week 10 vs. Vanderbilt (Nov. 2)

Week 11: BYE

Week 12 vs. Louisiana-Monroe (Nov. 16)

Week 13 vs. Texas A&M (Nov. 23)

Week 14 at Alabama (Nov. 30)

Jacob Waters | Sports Editor

Jacob Waters is a senior majoring in journalism. From Leeds, Alabama, he started with The Plainsman in August, 2021.

Twitter: @JacobWaters_

Share and discuss “Auburn's 2024 football schedule revealed” on social media.